I focus on typography-oriented design —TOD— a minimalistic and elegant approach to web design.
The building blocks of TOD include:
The advantages include:
- Putting the focus on your message and not the “bells and whistles”;
- Making it quicker to test new ideas;
- Keeping the web pages small, lean, and fast.
When we start with the message, we start with the thing that matters most: the human on the other side of the screen.
- Does the message connect?
- Does it make sense?
- Will it move the person to where we want them to go?
Of course, after we “birth” a new website the journey is not over. It is unfinished (in a good way.)
1 typography is the visual representation of language.